Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database Import/Export Question

I tried to export a database which includes tables and stored procedures from development environment to a production environment. For unknown reasons only the tables were copied whereas stored procedures were not copied and no error message shown what happened. Does anybody have a clue? I did the same export to an XP machine and it went through properly.How did you export the data? Did you use DTS?
Maybe you will find my previous post listing the steps I use to export objects to be helpful:http://forums.asp.net/1037418/showpost.aspx
|||Thanks. I got it. Don't know why the import/export said 100% complete but nothing showed up even I refreshed the stroed procedures in Enterprise Manager. And after a while (actually I went to pull someone to see the situation) the SP shown. Weird?|||

vljw8202 wrote:

Thanks. I got it. Don't know why theimport/export said 100% complete but nothing showed up even I refreshedthe stroed procedures in Enterprise Manager. And after a while(actually I went to pull someone to see the situation) the SPshown. Weird?


Enterprise Manager is often annoyingly unaware of schema changes. What I typically do is right-click on the server name and chooseRefresh, do the same for the Database node, the specific database, andthen the Tables node and any other node which should berefreshed. The new objects will then show up.
|||I see. Thanks for your advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment