Thursday, March 8, 2012

Database Diagram and SP4

I had originally posted this in the sqlserver.server group, which was
probably incorrect. So, I thought I would try the tools group. Sorry to those
who end up reading it twice
I installed SP4 on my local SQL Server and all is well, except...
The database designer is behaving a little differently. If I move or resize
a table, the relationship lines are re-arranged more radically than they were
in the previous version (SP3). After this, the lines (including simple
straight lines) seem to have a break in the middle, and it is impossible to
reposition a simple line by dragging the whole thing at once. You have to
drag the top and bottom (or left and right) halves separately, and then they
rarely line up in a straight line again. If you drag on the break in the
middle, the line will, in some cases, create new sections and double back on
itself.
Is this a bug in SP4? Is there any way to change this behavior?
Hi
I have not noticed anything different, but it does seem to render quicker.
I will play with it a bit to see what I find.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Ray Novak" <RayNovak@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DE21797B-73D9-422E-8CB6-FF12EA21A986@.microsoft.com...
>I had originally posted this in the sqlserver.server group, which was
> probably incorrect. So, I thought I would try the tools group. Sorry to
> those
> who end up reading it twice
> I installed SP4 on my local SQL Server and all is well, except...
> The database designer is behaving a little differently. If I move or
> resize
> a table, the relationship lines are re-arranged more radically than they
> were
> in the previous version (SP3). After this, the lines (including simple
> straight lines) seem to have a break in the middle, and it is impossible
> to
> reposition a simple line by dragging the whole thing at once. You have to
> drag the top and bottom (or left and right) halves separately, and then
> they
> rarely line up in a straight line again. If you drag on the break in the
> middle, the line will, in some cases, create new sections and double back
> on
> itself.
> Is this a bug in SP4? Is there any way to change this behavior?
>
|||Thanx Mike - I have also noticed that the diagrams seem faster.
It seems that this problem applies to diagrams I created "pre-SP4". I tried
creating a new diagram and it is (so far) behaving correctly.
"Mike Epprecht (SQL MVP)" wrote:

> Hi
> I have not noticed anything different, but it does seem to render quicker.
> I will play with it a bit to see what I find.
> Regards
> --
> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
> Zurich, Switzerland
> IM: mike@.epprecht.net
> MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
> "Ray Novak" <RayNovak@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:DE21797B-73D9-422E-8CB6-FF12EA21A986@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment