Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Database Engine Tuning Advisor Error

I have a very irritating error with Database Engine Tuning Advisor. While processing traces from Sql Profiler I keep getting trace log full of syntax error of most of queries - some of them very simple and ALL of them perfectly correct ( I check them separatly in QueryAnaliser ) - program gives recomendtation when I enter queries one by one - in that case the syntax is correct for Database Engine Tuning Advisor, but I just can't imagine why quries given to analysis in the set aren't correct? I dont' want to enter trace query by query (while I have thousends of them) !

It all seem like a Database Engine Tuning Advisor bug, any ideas about this problem?

Joanna

try and do one of the following:

1. make your trace little bit smaller by filtering on databaseid number.

2. make your trace for 1 hour + or so.

3. may b you have 2 many records there and its inufficient for the advisor.

tomer

No comments:

Post a Comment