Thursday, March 22, 2012

Database Filename error -- cannot create db From MS online tutorials

I am using VB with Visual Studio Express. I am new to these tools. I have SQL Server 2005 Express installed on my machine. I think that I have the right version. I am just using Express for taking classes and teaching myself on my machine.

When I follow the examples in the book, I keep getting this error when I go to my ASP.NET configuration and click on the security tab to add myself as a user.

"There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem:The database filename can not contain the following 3 characters: [ (open square brace), ] (close square brace) and ' (single quote) " -- end of erro msg.

I have an apostrophe in my last name. Could that be what is causing it? Is it creating a db based on my name or something? Or do I have the wrong version of SQL Server Express installed.

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it.

--Mark

Have you checked Provide of your ASP.NET configuration? Just go to Provide panel and 'Test' it. Can you see any error message?

No comments:

Post a Comment