Saturday, February 25, 2012

database design question

I am attempting to develop a forum. I have the pages I need and was just
curious if anyone here knows, or if there is a website, how to setup a
database for a forum? Basically, the columns is what I need.Nathan
<http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/index.htm> -- examples
database design
"Nathan" <Nathan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:658A4F34-2AAC-4DAD-A42D-5FED367E48FA@.microsoft.com...
> I am attempting to develop a forum. I have the pages I need and was just
> curious if anyone here knows, or if there is a website, how to setup a
> database for a forum? Basically, the columns is what I need.|||If you are wanting to build your own database from scratch, the best advice
is to make a list of everything you want to include in your forums.
Everything. Then fill each item into a database design. Normalize it, and
you will have what you want. It is probably not as easy as it sounds, but
it is not all that hard either.
If you are looking for things to put into a forum design, look at the
website Uri gave you, and then hit lots of other forums to help make your
list of features that require data (and those that don't)
----
Louis Davidson - drsql@.hotmail.com
SQL Server MVP
Compass Technology Management - www.compass.net
Pro SQL Server 2000 Database Design -
http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=266
Blog - http://spaces.msn.com/members/drsql/
Note: Please reply to the newsgroups only unless you are interested in
consulting services. All other replies may be ignored :)
"Nathan" <Nathan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:658A4F34-2AAC-4DAD-A42D-5FED367E48FA@.microsoft.com...
>I am attempting to develop a forum. I have the pages I need and was just
> curious if anyone here knows, or if there is a website, how to setup a
> database for a forum? Basically, the columns is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment