Saturday, February 25, 2012

Database design question

I working on a project that will let users essentially create design and requirement documents online and keep the information stored in a database.
I was thinking that the model would be similar to that of a book online.
I was thinking the basic schema would be something like
Table - Project
Table - Author.
Table - Topic
Table - Sub Topic
A project can have many topics, A project can have many authors etc.
A topic can have many sub topics etc.
So I was wondering if anyone knew of some sample schemas that may support that functionality.

Try this link and download the PPT slide to get started. You may not need four tables because it is files and association. Hope this helps.
http://wings.buffalo.edu/mgmt/courses/mgtsand/data.html

|||Thanks. I was actually looking for a sample schema to see what other tables etc were included as opposed to design concepts.
The examples in the link you provided are good but I was looking for something more specific. Such as if I was going to build an online
store, I would want to see a sample database from another online store to see how/what data is stored.
Thanks,
|||

SQL Server 2000 beginner's Guide by Dusan Petkovic has a project database and it is one of the better SQL Server books for Developers. But I would look at Pubs database to get started it is only nine tables so it will be easy to modify the create table statement. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment